Friday, February 2, 2007

Acne : cause and treatment



Causes of acne:
The exact cause of acne is unknown, but doctors believe it results from several related factors. One important factor is rising hormone levels. These hormones, called androgens (male sex hormones), increase in both boys and girls during puberty and can cause the sebaceous glands to enlarge and make more sebum. Another factor is heredity or genetics. Researchers believe that the tendency to develop acne can be inherited from parents. For example, studies have shown that many school-age boys with acne have a family history of the disorder.

Treatment of acne:
1.The first and perhaps most obvious homemade acne treatment is the consumption of water. This will promote healthy skin. Atleast 8 glasses of water should be consumed everyday.

2. Wash you face with gentle (baby soap) soap and water atleast twice a day,preferable once in the morning and before going to the bed.

3. If you want to remove the redness and reduce the amount of itching, a baking soda paste can help you.

Try the followings home made treatment for your acne:

1.Apply Milk of Magnesia (easily available in the market) 1 on for 10 minutes. Rinse off.


2.Dissolve a teaspoon of Epsom salts (Magnesium Sulphate) in a cup of hot water. Apply to the acne areas with cotton wool. A papaya-mint tea bag dissolved in a cup of hot water and applied on the acne areas also acts as a discencrusting lotion(helps blackheads to come out easily).

3. Another effective and easy method is apply toothpaste(not gel) on your acne and leave it for over night. Next day, rinse it off. Follow this method for atleast 5 to 7 days. You will definitely notice the change.

Face pack for acne:
To 2 teaspoons of egg white, add 2 pods of crushed garlic and 1 teaspoon of calamine. Leave on face for 20 minutes, then rinse off.

After this try this homemade toner:
Add about 2 to 3 drops of Tr. of Benzotn to a mug of cold water. Rinse face with this. It is antibacterial

Moisturizer for acne skin
A bottle of rose water, 1/4 teaspoon vinegar, 5 drops of glycerin, 2 drops of camphor.


Removing acne scars:

You have already removed the acne. Congrats! but what are those red marks on your face? Don't worry, some homemade solutions can help you:

1. Apply Aloe vera juices and gels on your scars.

2. Lavender oil is also pretty productive for the removal of acne scars.

3. Vitamin E is brilliant for acne scars. If the scars are that bad you can try buying vitamin E capsules, breaking them open and using this on your skin.

If you need any beauty tips or you have any problem regarding your skin, please feel free to ask questions here. I am always ready to help you. Hope to see you again, thanks for visiting.

20 comments:

Unknown said...

how can i get rid of the scars that i get after acne?pls suggest a remedy for this.

admin said...

hi, Jayanti
Thanks for your question. Apply any of the above things for at least 2 weeks. I am sure , you will definitely notice a change and the scars will be removed gradually. If you have oily skin, don't forget to wash your face with a gentle soap atleast twice a day. If you have any other questions, plz post here as a comment.

Unknown said...

is sandalwood helps to heal acne and make it dry?

admin said...

Mix sandalwood paste with rosewater and apply on the face.It will reduce the swollen acne. Rinse off after 30 minutes. It will act also as a aniseptic.

Anonymous said...

Hey i have really sensitive skin, and i tent to get pimples when i use vitamin e on my skin. I use to use it once a day. I have acne scars i want to go away. I take multi vitamins and green tea.
Is there another way i can get rid of these scars? There purple and blue and kinda notice able if your up close.
Thanks!
God bless

admin said...

Hi Slade,
Thanks for your question. Well, I donot know how long you are using vit E, it takes a while, but really works great on scars. You can mix Aloe with Vit E gel caplets and apply to are that is scared.You can also rub honey on the scar many times during the day for some days, and you'll see that it leaves no mark. You said, that you have sensitive skin. So, Some advises are that
1. Don't sqeeze your pimples.
2.Avoid products such as cold creams,milky cleanser.
3. Stay away from diary products.
4. Drink plenty of water and try to sleep well. Water can remove most of the skin problems.

ya mae said...

My aunt told me with what she saw on tv days ago... I haven't tried it yet, but I would like to ask if it works. She said that for acne, rub grated green papaya on the skin as exfoliant and blend grated cucumber and carrots as a toner. This removes excess soap stuff on the skin. I haven't tried it yet. But I just want to ask in case

ya mae said...

I have been trying a lot of acne over the counter products and some made my skin worst. I have an allergy on some products but I want to know what is in the products that I am allergic to, so that next time, I won't buy products that contain the ingredient that I am allergic to. Last year Jan. 2006, I got a lot of acne. And was desperate. I saw an advertisement on the tv and newspaper that this product works. I bought the set. It's L'Oreal 3 Steps Pure Zone Continuous Purity. And made my skin grow more and more acne than I used to. And so I stopped. And then gone to the dermatologist and bought her prescribed medicines. It cleared my skin by letting it peel itself. But then after being peeled, my skin still grew a lot of pimples.
I have been trying benzoyl peroxide in my high school and it worked a lot. But since the accident on L'Oreal, when I use it, its like it doesn't work anymore. When I wash my face with papaya soap, it also doesn't work like it used to. Can I ask what happened to my skin? It's like it's immune to what use to help it get cleared. Now my skin has red scars and deep holes that I don't know what can help. And on March this year, I plan to have Diamond Peel to clear my skin again. Is it ok to do this? I want my clear skin again, the one before I took L'Oreal.

admin said...

Hi ya mae,
Thanks for your question. I don't know that whether your skin is oily or dry, but, I would suggest that don't use any acne removing cream available i the market. The chemicals may make your acne worst. Plz try to keep your skin always clean by using any herbal or baby soap. Don't eat junk and oily food. Drink plenty of water and include a lots of fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet. Any cream or pack can not work only from outside. You have to follow healthy diet .Take multivitamin tablets. As you said, yes, papaya and cucumber is good for skin no doubt. Cucumber works as a natural toner. You can rub fresh ginger on and around your acne several times a day. I always recommend vit E for red scars. It always works better.

Anonymous said...

i have pretty bad acne scarring, i used to take accutane but it only helped a little bit. Now my scars are still red but not as deep as they were. I dont know what to wash my face with becuase nothing makes it better, should i try exfoliating? Im so tired of the scars that one time i actually scrubbed my face so hard that a layer of skin came off and i got a scab, but it didnt help remove the scars. is there anything i can do to stop the redness and decrease the depth of the scars? please help!
-Suffering

Anonymous said...

I have pimples, it isn't that bad. And i heard Laveneder oil helps within a night, and i used 3 drops of Lavender oil into 8 drops of Almond oil, my skin just came out soft and i usually have oily skin, so healp because i dont think i did somehtng right?

Anonymous said...

my skin gets really dry when ever i wash it but even if i do keep it clean i get breakouts now i have these red spots that dont even have puss but i dont know how to get rid of it they have been there for weeks,i also have scarring and i did use vit e but it makes me breakout too, anything else?

Anonymous said...

I have a lot of deep acne scars on my face since last 7 years,i have been getting a treatment called laser and roller,but it doesnt work on deep scars,then i used mederma even it doesnt work whnver i apply medrma on deep scars tht area gets swollen and reddish for temporary,my skin very oily currently im using nothing on it
please suggest me some remedy on this as i have been facing this problem since last 7 years
God Bless You

laukik said...

I have a lot of deep acne scars on my face since last 7 years,i have been getting a treatment called laser and roller,but it doesnt work on deep scars,then i used mederma even it doesnt work whnver i apply medrma on deep scars tht area gets swollen and reddish for temporary,my skin very oily currently im using nothing on it
please suggest me some remedy on this as i have been facing this problem since last 7 years
God Bless You

Anonymous said...

HI,
Nice tips for acne problem.Thanks,waiting for few more tips.

Unknown said...

Acne is a very trouble some disease
diet supplements

Anonymous said...

Hey, I know your post is old but I just came across it recently. I was just wondering what is your opinion on Proactiv? Or is there another acneproduct that you suggest? Thanks

Anonymous said...

what is the difference between acne and pimples?
my pimples will come out before my period comes, what should i do to avoid this, and it gives a mark. what is the best thing to remove the marks?

Anonymous said...

one of my friends has black under arm. she ask me about some products that will help whiten her under arm. what can you suggest to whiten or even lightens her under arms?

Unknown said...

Iam looking forward to discuss about this topic
best fat burning supplement